By Alejandro Fernández-Cernuda Díaz
As Klara Jordan, our Director for the EU, describes in her latest post for Europa Calling, our blog’s session on European issues, GCA has just landed in the heart of the EU, with a new office in Brussels, right across from the European Commission.
From there, we are working on a busy agenda that will include engaging with EU institutions such as ENISA or CERT-EU and with EU-based organisations and partners such as ECSO, participating at H2020 and Horizon Europe proposals, and attending as many relevant events as possible across the continent.
For the moment, we have confirmed our participation at the following eleven events, in nine different countries:
- NGI Forum in Helsinki (Finland), September 25
- APWG.eu’s eCrime2019.eu Symposium in Barcelona (Spain), October 1-3
- Microsoft Public-Private Partnership in the Fight Against Cybercrime: Inside Criminal Botnet Disruptions in Brussels (Belgium), October 7
- 7th Europol-Interpol Cybercrime Conference in The Hague (Netherlands), October 9-11
- Les Assises de la Sécurité et des Systèmes d’Information in Monaco, October 9-12
- Cyber Investors Day (as members of ECSO) in Luxembourg, October 15
- Internet of Things Security Conference in Athens (Greece), October 24-25
- Paris Call for Trust and Security in Cyberspace: Strengthening and Advancing Cybersecurity (as guest speakers) in Belgium, October 24
- CYBERSEC in Katowice (Poland), October 29-30
- Cybersecurity Leadership Summit in Berlin (Germany), November 12-14
- Digital Trust and Identity Summit in Brussels (Belgium), November 19
In the last one, the Digital Trust and Identity Summit, we are working as Programme Partners, with an active role in the preparation of the agenda and the identification of key speakers, such as Rois Ni Thuama, from Red Sift, a GCA partner. Please click on the following link if you are interested in attending the summit with GCA’s access code: https://digital-identity.heliview.be/registration/?relationcode=3J9D6GSD
If you want to stay alert of GCA’s activities in the EU, you can follow our @EMEA-GCA account on Twitter.
See you in Europe!
The author, Alejandro Fernández-Cernuda Díaz, is the Director of Communications and Marketing at the Global Cyber Alliance. You can follow Alejandro on Twitter @CyberDiplo or connect with him on LinkedIn.