By Renée McLaughlin
On Monday October 16th, U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Assistant Secretary, Office of Cybersecurity and Communications, Jeanette Manfra, will outline new steps that the federal government is taking to improve e-mail and web security.
Cybersecurity leaders from DHS, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, and the Global Cyber Alliance, and others will examine how organizations can protect customers and employees from e-mail born phishing attacks that damage brands, enable identity theft and cost the U.S. economy billions of dollars per year.
Industry experts at the event will include:
- Jeanette Manfra, Assistant Secretary, Office of Cybersecurity and Communications
- Cyrus Vance, Jr., New York County (Manhattan) District Attorney
- Deborah Snyder, New York State Chief Information Security Officer
- Brian Heemsoth, Senior Director Global Security Innovation for Aetna
- Aimee Larsen Kirkpatrick, Global Cyber Alliance Global Communications Officer
- Shehzad Mirza, Global Cyber Alliance Director of Operations