The Global Cyber Alliance (GCA) is an international, cross-sector effort dedicated to eradicating cyber risk and improving our connected world. We achieve our mission by uniting global communities, implementing concrete solutions and measuring the effect. Key to our success are partnerships, including our network of more than 240 organizations, spanning 18 sectors and more than 26 countries.
GCA is seeking a Senior Policy Counsel to join our growing team of passionate, creative, hard-working individuals who are mission-driven and dedicated to making a positive impact, using less talk and more action. Candidates must be comfortable working in a matrixed environment and have strong communication skills to deal with stakeholders, customers, vendors, and partners.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement, under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, policy and implementation-focused initiatives to measurably reduce cyber risk
- Assist the Global Partnership Officer in identifying and sustaining GCA partners in the Americas and Asia-Pacific
- Provide legal and policy advice to the General Counsel on GCA initiatives
- Lead the preparation of funding proposals and act as the prime client relationship manager with major funding agencies
- Build new strategic partnerships with business and government agencies and act as relationship manager with key organizations
- Contribute to the strategic and operational planning of GCA
- Represent GCA at relevant external events, assisting with the organisation of events where appropriate.
- Assist with all aspects of partner outreach
- Present at appropriate conferences and events amplifying GCA’s vision, mission, and activities
- Assist with follow up of potential partners and ongoing maintenance of existing partners
- Assist with fundraising efforts, developing and pursuing opportunities
- Coordinate with the communications team and other staff on branding, marketing and communications
- Provide support to the Global Partnership Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and General Counsel
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of a Juris Doctor degree and membership in a U.S. state bar
- Minimum of five years of relevant cybersecurity and privacy experience
- Senior experience in relationship development across multiple stakeholders
- Experience in proposal development or grant applications
- Experience in a communications, marketing or partnership development
- Highly articulate, with excellent written and oral skills, and the ability to communicate with a range of audiences
- Knowledge of civil society networks and international organizations and institutions
- Networking skills and ability to engage with stakeholders at various levels
- Ability to innovatively and creatively apply influencing techniques and tactics as well as to think from a reader/audience perspective
- Ability to translate positions on complex issues into reader-friendly language
- Strong project management (including monitoring and evaluation) and organizational skills
- Confident, resourceful and proactive, with initiative and a problem-solving disposition
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, highly organized, hard-working and self-motivated
- The ability to deliver under pressure, meet deadlines and take personal responsibility for their work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in interdisciplinary and multicultural environments
- Ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to travel extensively and internationally
- Ability to work unrestricted in the United States
We work as a geographically distributed team with people in many locations. The location for this position is in the United States.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Candidates will be subject to a background check.
GCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minority, veteran and disabled candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com