The Global Cyber Alliance (GCA) is an international, cross-sector effort designed to confront, address, and prevent malicious cyber activity. We achieve our mission by uniting global communities, implementing concrete solutions, and measuring the effect.
GCA is looking for a senior developer with full stack experience interested in working to fight systemic cybersecurity risks through innovative engineering. The primary responsibility of the Senior Full Stack Developer is to provide expert software development and maintenance of products developed by our extremely talented team of engineers. Applicants should have strong software development skills with an emphasis on UI/UX and data visualization and be comfortable with modern frameworks and microservice-based architectures.
The ideal candidate is a polyglot – able to adapt, learn, and contribute using different languages and technologies.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Strong experience with both back-end services, middle-ware, and front-end UX/UI development
- Strong Linux command line experience required
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with big-data search ingestion, storage and indexing.
- Experience with web frameworks (React)
- Experience with one or more data visualization libraries and plugins (D3 based)
- Interest in data analytics and workflow simplification.
- Exposure to information security disciplines, such as digital forensics, application/systems assessments, security operations, and incident response.
- Ability to perform systems administration and DevOps capabilities for a small team when needed.
In addition to the above, we would look favorably on anyone with experience with the following:
- Bash or other scripting language
- Related college degree.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in software development.
We work as a geographically distributed team with people in many locations. This position is remote. Communication and project management tools including Slack, Google Meet and Asana are frequently used.
Flex-time available, atypical work hours may be necessary if outside of US Eastern time zone.
Occasional travel may be required for meetings.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
GCA does not sponsor visas, and candidates are expected to be able to work legally in the country of employment.
GCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minority, veteran and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.