The Global Cyber Alliance
The Global Cyber Alliance (GCA) is an international, cross-sector effort designed to confront, address, and prevent malicious cyber activity. We achieve our mission by uniting global communities, implementing concrete solutions, and measuring the effect.
We are looking for a Project Manager with 3-8 years’ experience and a demonstrated ability to follow solid project and product management principles. The position requires independent judgment in guiding complex activities involved in the successful implementation and formulation of cybersecurity policies and Internet ecosystem reform, ensuring project quality and timely delivery within budget.
Candidates must be comfortable working in a matrixed environment and have strong communication skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, vendors, and partners. Candidates must also have product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus.
- Manage projects to deliver a quality product on schedule, on budget, and as defined by the Product Owner
- Manage complex proposals and work with colleagues to better understand policy requirements and develop pitches
- Manage scope and expectations for the project
- Develop and manage an effective risk mitigation strategy for the project which includes time and financial contingencies
- Assist in building an organizational PMO
- Assist teams with aspects of their roles
- Ensure deliverables are acceptable and work closely with stakeholders to understand and manage project expectations
- Support business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions
- Facilitate policy meetings
- Some travel is required
One of the following degrees: A degree related to economics, history, computer science, business, information technology, or technology commercialization. A masters or other advanced degree is a plus.
The Perfect Candidate’s Skills and Experience
- 3-8 years’ + experience managing implementation and formulation projects focusing on policies in both the private and public spaces
- Has worked in both the government and also industry
- Experienced with all phases of a complex project scope including implementation, budgeting, scheduling, risk measuring, stakeholder management, maintenance, and channel planning
- Experience or knowledge of various methodologies, including Agile
- Skilled communicator
- Excellent commercial awareness, financial and analytical skills, as well as the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Managing both time and materials and fixed-priced projects
- Use of Project and Product Management tools such as MS-Project, JIRA, Asana, Aha!, etc.
- Experience putting together proposals for grants and contract work
- Cybersecurity industry experience is required
- Likes working a non-standard (not 9-5) day
- Project Management Professional (PMP from PMI or equivalent) certification
We work as a geographically distributed team with people in many locations. The preferred locations for this position are New York City, Washington, D.C. area, London, Brussels, Albany, NY, or Sydney, but other locations are possible.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
GCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minority, veteran and disabled candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com