The Global Cyber Alliance (GCA) is an international nonprofit organization that brings together some of the world’s top experts in the fields of cybersecurity, business, law enforcement, and technical innovation — collaboratively developing concrete, usable, and impactful solutions to help protect millions around the world, including those who are vulnerable, underserved, and without vital resources. GCA solutions are made available to users at no cost, thanks to supporters who believe in the power and effectiveness of GCA’s nonpartisan, transparent, community-driven approach. By reducing cyber risks in the Internet infrastructure and at the end user level, GCA will fulfill its vision of a secure, trustworthy Internet that enables social and economic progress for all. GCA serves as a convener to bring like minded organizations and individuals together to solve global online security problems.
As Director of IT and Security at GCA, you will be responsible for leading GCA’s operational activities including IT and security operations for our all-remote staff, globally. This position reports to the Chief Technical Officer. This position may be full or part time, depending on the successful candidate’s experience and ability to tackle additional projects.
Director of IT and Security Job Functions, Essential Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Lead GCA’s operational activities including IT and security operations
- Manage GCA’s IT assets
- Complete purchases of approved software and hardware through the Global Finance Director
- Recommend to appropriate business owner software, hardware and services for use and purchase
- Manage configuration and operation, including updating, of GCA’s operational systems including hardware, software, and services
- Recommend replacement of laptops
- Draft and recommend security and operations policies
- Manage technical operational support to GCA employees
- Other duties as assigned.
Director of IT and Security Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred. 10+ years of experience in managing technology operations and teams
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- In depth knowledge of diverse IT functions and principles
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a remote organization.
We work as a geographically distributed team with people in many locations. This position is remote, and practicality of communication with others in GCA and ability to set up employment arrangements in a new country may be taken into account in filling the position.. Communication and project management tools including Slack, Google Meet and Asana are frequently used. Flex-time is available, atypical work hours (i.e., not 9-to-5) may be necessary if outside of the US Eastern time zone. Occasional travel may be required for meetings.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
The Global Cyber Alliance (GCA) is an international, cross-sector effort designed to confront, address, and prevent malicious cyber activity. We achieve our mission by uniting global communities, implementing concrete solutions, and measuring the effect.
GCA does not sponsor visas, and candidates are expected to be able to work legally in their country of employment.
GCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minority, veteran and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please submit qualified resumes to email@example.com
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.