Capacity & Resilience Program Operations and Business Assistant/Associate Director
The Global Cyber Alliance (GCA) is an international nonprofit organization that brings together some of the world’s top experts in the fields of cybersecurity, business, law enforcement, and technical innovation — collaboratively developing concrete, usable, and impactful solutions to help protect millions around the world, including those who are vulnerable, underserved, and without vital resources. As a mission-driven organization, GCA offers valuable and effective cybersecurity tools and solutions free of charge to end user communities thanks to supporters who believe in the power and effectiveness of our nonpartisan, transparent, community-driven approach.
GCA’s Capacity & Resilience program is focused on supporting global social and economic growth by advancing identified communities’ cybersecurity capacity and improving their resilience to cyber risk. As Capacity & Resilience (C&R) Program Operations and Business Assistant/Associate Director, you will be responsible for supporting the C&R Program Director and team in identifying opportunities to deliver tools and solutions to identified end user communities, working with internal teams and external partners to deliver tools and solutions and ensuring that the program’s impact is measured and communicated. This includes business roles such as developing proposals and working with stakeholders, and operational roles including development and implementation of processes and delivery of results from program activities and projects. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and Director of the Capacity & Resilience program.
Capacity & Resilience Program Operations and Business Assistant/Associate Director Job Functions, Essential Duties, and Responsibilities
- Manage the development of, and where necessary write (possibly quite technical) proposals for projects, for international development, and foundation grants
- Engage with prospective partners, sponsors, and distribution partners to develop project and partnership opportunities
- Drive business development efforts for programs and projects
- Manage complex proposals and work with colleagues to better understand requirements and develop messaging
- Manage follow up with entities supporting the program, receiving feedback on program and project deliverables, understanding and managing expectations while coordinating with other staff
- Help create revenue for program projects, services, and the organization, within GCA’s vision
- Work with colleagues to build revenue-generating activities and sustainable business models
Program management supporting business activities
- Manage program and projects deliver a quality product to stakeholders on schedule, on budget, and as defined by the Program Director and Product Owners
- Develop and document program-wide processes as needed
- Maintain program information systems and notes as required
- Manage scope and expectations for the program and projects, SMART goals and KPIs
Capacity & Resilience Program Operations and Business Assistant/Associate Director Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Five years of experience in customer-facing roles (less experience for Assistant Director)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in writing clear and business-focused technical proposals
- Strong experience in a dynamic project management and/or community engagement role; able to capture, manage and communicate internal project plans, milestones and deliverables
- Demonstrated experience in responsibly managing customer expectations
- Demonstrated experience in the Internet and/or cybersecurity industry — knowledge of Internet industry dynamics, cybersecurity challenges, risk and workable mitigation strategies
- A solid understanding of Internet abuse, with the ability to articulate how these adversely impact on society
- Preferred: strong writing and editing skills combined with solid presentation and public speaking skills
- Technical acumen; creativity; interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a remote organization
We work as a geographically distributed team with people in many locations. This position is remote. Communication and project management tools including Slack, Google Meet and Asana are frequently used. Flex-time is available, atypical work hours (i.e., not 9-to-5) may be necessary if outside of the US Eastern time zone. Occasional travel may be required for meetings.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
GCA does not sponsor visas, and candidates are expected to be able to work legally in their country of employment.
GCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minority, veteran and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please submit qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.